What’s your favorite trending term?
Guidette? Amazeballs? Fetch?
Now, you have the chance to make them an official part of the English language by submitting them to Collins Dictionary, which just released its first list of new user-suggested words.
Some of our favorites include:
- blootered (ˈbluːtəd) adj Scot, slang; intoxicated; drunk
- bashtag (ˈbæʃˌtæɡ) n informal; hashtaɡ that is used for critical and abusive comments
- floordrobe (ˈflɔːˌdrəʊb) n informal; a pile of clothes left on the floor of a room
- helicopter parent n a parent who is excessively involved in the life of his or her child
- lollage (ˈlɒlɪdʒ) n slang; (1) the practice of using the text messaging abbreviation LOL (2) laughter
- photobomb (ˈfəʊtəʊˌbɒm) vb informal; to intrude into the background of a photograph without the subject’s knowledge